Friday, October 29, 2010

A first sweater (but not really)

Up until a few days ago, it has been gorgeous, I think we all can agree.

But now that it's cold, I need sweaters. You see, I promised myself a couple of years ago that I would never buy myself a sweater again, and for the most part, I have held to that promise.

Therefore, in order to wear sweaters, I need to knit them.

Enter the Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora.


My friend Jodijill bought this several years ago for her first sweater. Naturally, I was the one who recommended pink (Jodijill freely admits that she's only wearing black until something darker is invented).

Well, the pink sweater never worked out, so Jodijill gave it to me in exchange for a pair of socks. I totally scored on that deal.

A couple of weeks ago, while suffering an epic hangover, I cast on. Two days later, this is what I had:
I did put it aside for a shawl and a hat, while I thought about how to not knit the sleeves just yet. That didn't take me long, so I've carried on and I'm just about done the body:

If I take it everywhere with me this weekend, I just might finish it.

No comments: