Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The work isn't anywhere near being finished

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.
- Cherise Kramarae and Paula Triechler


This video is why I shout to the heavens, constantly, that I am a feminist.

Today is International Women's Day, the 100th anniversary, in fact. I've been thinking about that quite a lot this week, and given some of the over-privileged opinion pieces (and downright ignorant comments on those opinion pieces) and bone-headed judicial decisions I've been reading, I have quite a lot to say.

But, as usual, time is short and I'm so full of HULK SMASH rage over how bad the F-word is that I can barely see straight. So, in lieu of coherent prose, go here. The Yarn Harlot pretty much sums it up without the profanity that I am liable to spew right now.

No comments: