Monday, April 27, 2009

Where have I been?

I was hanging out with some readers I know IRL tonight, and I got a wee bit of gentle ribbing about how I haven't been blogging.


Well, damnit, I'm busy.


I'm busy doing the one thing that I love more than knitting.


That's right. There is one thing that I love to do more than knit (and it's not what you think, get your minds out of the freaking gutter).


That thing is a political satire sketch comedy show. It's been a Winnipeg tradition for 75 years. The organization that hosted the show for 73 years went bankrupt in 2006.


So myself and two other people formed a not-for-profit corporation under a new name to keep it going. We, along with a whole bunch of other people, have been busting our asses for the last eight months. It's that special. We do something truly unique, and we are very, very good at it.


For the past three weeks, we've been making phone calls, selling tickets, rehearsing, building sets and laying awake at night wondering how we are going to pay for this thing if we don't sell the 400 tickets necessary to break even.


Because there is no question about it. The show will go on. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster. Our website is here. We were even mentioned in the Winnipeg Free Press.


And if we don't break even, I'll cash out some RSPs to pay for it. Seriously, it's that important to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, I love that pic of us! post show happiness...N