Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Calm before the storm

Edgar and I have been having an amazing time, lately. The weather is warm (finally!) and so the ce-ment pad is truly open for business:

When the sun is too strong, we retreat to the shade for our knitting:

(note to self: get some loung-y chairs and a table for the shady part of the yard).

We finished a pair of socks (which only took a year! And less than a gram of yarn to spare!):

There's also been that travelling scarf thing going on:

With all this nice weather, the garden is growing like there's no tomorrow, or something. I've got broccoli and hot peppers growing. Plus, I expect a huge burst of daisies and tiger lilies just about any day now:

Edgar and I were hanging outside tonight, when it suddenly got very dark. It was one of those maybe? maybe not? rain moments. I grabbed Edgar, because I wanted to bring him inside if it started to pour. And since we were cuddling, I thought it would be good to have a photo of us:

I'm going to miss that little stinker when he's gone. It's nice to have company when I am outside.

No comments: