Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sometimes, I get so annoyed with myself

So, I have this reputation of being super-organized, and having everything in its place all the time.

Not true. Maybe that was true a few years ago, but not anymore. Underneath the lids of the carefully arranged baskets and spreadsheets that I constantly talk about, chaos reigns supreme.

I've been trying to update my Ravelry notebook with all the projects I've completed over the past year (yes, a year), and it's not fun, scrolling through the photo files, trying to figure out what I finished and when, how many stitches I cast on and what mods I made to the pattern.

Trying to find the ball band is its own world of heartache, because all the ball-bands are tossed into a basket, along with patterns, swatches and miscellaneous sticky notes. The task of matching up things that belong together is nearly impossible.

Also, why I feel the need to keep every single ball band that I've ever come across, I'll never know. Especially now that we have Ravelry to keep track of the details.
Of course, it doesn't help that my blogging has been less-than frequent over the past eight or so months.
I'm over-whelmed. I don't know where to start.
I know better. I really do. If I did this at work, I would fire myself.






No comments: