Monday, October 29, 2007

I am so proud

I got my first #1 hit on a crazy search term.

If you google "burning barrel Minneapolis" the first search return will be me.

While that is not as profane as I could have hoped for, it is bizarre enough to be pleasing, just the same.

In other news...

I barely got out of my pyjamas, all weekend. Which is a shame, considering the list of chores to do around here, but it was good for my knitting. My French market bag needs another handle, some knitchener, kitcener, I mean grafting (yes, I am tipsy), and then it will be ready for felting.

Oh, and I received a lovely, totally unexpected gift this evening. A dear, dear friend of mine was in Vancouver for a writers conference, and she knows Diana Gabaldon. I have a personally autographed copy of Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade. Such a treat, from a woman I respect, written by a woman I respect. It doesn't get better than that.

This does make up for my failure to go to Minneapolis.

J, thanks so much. You have a pretty good idea how much this means to me. Socks are coming your way, as soon as I find the appropriate yarn and pattern. This calls for something special!

No comments: