Saturday, May 3, 2008

Big mistake. Huge!

On Tuesday, I was exhausted and knew that if I went home after work, I wouldn't leave. At the same time, I didn't want to miss knit night.

So, I went downtown and to kill some time, popped into a book shop.

That was a seriously bad move.

You see, the one thing I like to do more than knitting is read. I haven't read a novel since Christmas, and it's killing me. There are sooooo many new books that I am just desperate to get my hands on, and going into that shop was like eating a burger in front of a starving person. And this wasn't even a particularly good book shop, just the only new book shop that remains open downtown.

I managed to leave with just one book, and I read it, in its entirety, in the next hour and a half:

Things I Learned from Knitting...whether I wanted to or not, by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.*

It barely satisfied my craving. I cannot wait until this course is done, and I can read for fun again.

*Photo shamelessly swiped from Amazon.ca.


No comments: