Saturday, August 23, 2008

This is related to knitting. Does that count?

OK, I'm starting to feel bad about the lack of knitting on what is supposed to be a knitting blog.

There's been precious little, and of that, no photos.

But, that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about knitting. Or planning knitting. Or talking about knitting. Or wishing I was knitting, so that I could finish some stuff up and buy new yarn. Like this.

One gorgeous Saturday morning, when I had zero plans for the day (rare, I know) I took my coffee outside.

And wound 1,000 meters of lace weight. It worked surprisingly well, having the skein around my neck (though rather warm - it was a stinking hot day). I think that will be my new technique, until I get a damn swift.
Yarn: Helen's Lace, purchased from WW. The colourway is Watercolor, but I can't find a pic.
Pattern: I'm thinking another Icarus. Not that I've gotten far on it. But I do love it so.
One evening, I was actually out knitting with some folks, and I picked these up:




Made to order by Purpleniko. Love 'em. (If you count the values of MISSTEA, the result is nine. I am quite pleased about that).
Now, if only my tendons would get better. I've been taking it easy, stretching, going for massages. Something's gotta give, right?

No comments: