Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I will never, ever learn

Y'all know I have a disgusting habit of not dealing with the bills, catalogues, yarn, needles, empty wine bottles and other detritus that comes into the house. Every surface is littered with paper, empty water bottles, empty cd cases, ball bands, patterns, books and magazines. About twice a year, I realize that the mess is driving me insane, and I attempt to do something about it.

So, I hired a cleaning service. Clearly, I am not doing anything for myself, these days.

The night before they came, I raced around the house and swept it all the loose stuff into a 64 litre tub.


My goal was to thoroughly sort through it all in time for their next visit.

Well, that's in less than 48 hours, and all I've done is pull some of it out, wondering where it should go (meaning my desk is covered. Again).

And, the girls are coming over to bottle wine. I've got half an hour. Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it