Wednesday, October 1, 2008

You can take the girl out of the country

but you can't take the girl out of the country.

Bear with me - that makes sense.

It's my first federal election, living at Chez Peepee. I checked out my electoral boundaries. I am appalled (and why I didn't think to check this before I bought the house, I don't know. I checked provinical and municipal, 'cuz that's how I roll) that I live in a riding that is mostly "rural" (I use the term loosely) with a wee snippet of the northern part of the city thrown in.

Could we get any more diverse? We have, in this riding, a high immigrant, working class population, combined with sucessful business people living on big-acreage-low-property-tax estates. It's disgusting, because a large segment of the population living here is ineligible to vote, and therefore the fat cats north of me win every time.

Also, if it weren't for CBC, I would have no idea what is going on in my riding. No one has called me. No one has knocked on my door to talk to me. And, as much as I hate leaflets, there's even been disturbingly few of those.

I'm pissed off. Time to renew my party membership and get involved, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The incumbent has phoned us several times, but I don't think she'll be phoning back. Last week I yelled at her because of her party's plan to put Mr. Husband out of a job, and I told her to never call us again. We haven't had any attention from any of the other candidates.