Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Blog? What blog?

Wow, I didn't get back to this as soon as I thought. Mostly because I prefer to actually knit, rather than talk about it. And, I am trying to not neglect the rest of my life. More on that in the future, but suffice to say the last six months have been pretty interesting, for me. However, I am going to try and fit this blog thing into my new and improved routine, which is coming soon, I hope.

I do have a digital camera, bought it in December. Bought the memory card, or stick, or whatever, in February. Have taken photos, but have not sat down and figured out how to make the camera talk to the computer. That will follow shortly, because I am desperate to show some things off.

However, a quick list of works in progress:


  • socks for Lisa, one of my favourite bartenders
  • 2 pairs of socks, unknown recipients (my fondest wish is to have a box of goodies I can dive into when I need a birthday present, or to thank someone for looking after my cats, or whatever. We'll see. I think I'm about two years behind).
  • wristwarmers, for me (I think)raglan cardigan, for me. This is one-piece top-down construction, and I'm loving it so far. Details and photos to follow.

Upcoming projects:

  • More socks (always socks. Perfect for bar and bus knitting).
  • Beret for N. She doesn't wear wool, and I love her so much that I'm going to knit in acrylic.
  • Socks for MW, my boss. I adore her, because she makes having a crappy job almost worthwhile.
  • Yoga mat bag, for A. In lime green, of course.
  • Icarus. For me. I must post a photo of this yarn. Custom dyed for my by Black Bunny Fibres and it's lovely. It's called Career Girl Pink, naturally. I am so excited about this project. I knit my first shawl in January, and I loved the experience. I adore tiny yarn and having to pay attention. Needless to say, this will be a home-only project.

So that's it, for now. Wednesday's are for vacuuming and plant-watering. Knitting too, naturally.

No comments: