Friday, April 11, 2008

Serious business

I have never ever talked politics, or human rights, or anything remotely serious, on this here blog. Except my own craziness.

That changes right now. I have very strong feelings about women's rights, domestic abuse and violence. Feelings that I can't articulate. I can only say that I despise, with all my heart and soul, the evil in this world, and right now, I've found a very real example.

But it's nearly twenty years old.

I've been reading, for a while, a blog written by a woman in the southern United States. I clicked on a link one day, and it was funny, so I added it to my private blogroll and kept reading.

It's not funny any more. It's deadly serious. She's telling her story, and it is violent, heart-breaking and infuriating. Read this story. And get angry. And don't allow anybody to make you feel worthless.

Go, read. And stand up, for yourself and your sisters. If we don't look after each other, who will?

No comments: