Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I am one lucky knitter

It was my birthday last Friday, and all my knit night peeps got together and got me something that I wanted very, very much. I was blown away, it was such a complete surprise.


The wooden thing is the middle is a swift (which, for the non-knitters reading) is a tool used to turn a skein of yarn into a ball. And gets you out of holding the skein, if you are around when I am winding yarn. Therefore, it's a gift to you too.


Now, just for fun, I want to wind every skein in the house. There are quite a few of them.
I am so happy, and grateful, to have found a community that gets this yarn-and-stick thing. I don't know what I would do without all of you.

1 comment:

k.thedoula said...

See, and we were thinking WE were lucky to have you in our world.
:-)