Monday, April 23, 2007

Attention please. I would like to win the lottery.

I have far too much on my plate. Not nearly enough time to do the things I want to. I would far prefer to give up my job and be a professional hobbyist.

Just looking after Chez Peepee and getting a few rows of knitting in every night can be too much sometimes. I feel bad for neglecting all the other things I like to do.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this problem.
However, we have finished socks!

My posies have sprouted, too. I'm quite pleased about that. The problem is, it appears that I have two rabbits living in my yard. I see them all the time now. The nice little raised bed I'm planning on building will have to be covered in chicken wire, and I'm pretty sure any flower pots I put out won't last long.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this.

However, about the socks. 64 stitch basic sock recipe on 2.5 mm needles. ON-line sock yarn. There's miles of it left over, enough for a pair of niece socks, I think.

I really, really tried to get identical twins, but I didn't quite make it. These socks are fraternal twins, but I must say, it's the closest I've ever come to having exactly matching socks. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Last night, I started Icarus, and it's going along dreamily. I'm well into the second repeat of the first chart (there are four charts all together). It's not nearly as complicated as it looks. It's basic geometry - building a triangle by increasing four stitches on every right-side row. Fun. This picture is even a sort-of accurate representation of the colour. I adore the variation - I wonder how exactly the really dark pink will appear in each row - it was not noticeable in the skein. Quite the surprise. But, that's the beauty of hand-dyed yarn.
I'm gonna love working on this, and I know it will be over too soon. However, after that I will get to wear it, so that's OK.

Here's the current bar-and-bus socks. Same brand of sock yarn, but I bumped it up to 68 stitches and I'm ribbing all the way down the leg. Loving it so far. These will take longer than usual, because my work knitting time will be spent on Icarus. At least for the next little while.

That's it for tonight. I have a roaring headache which I suspect is work-related. So dinner and bed.

Rock and roll single girl, eh?





1 comment:

Deborah Cryderman said...

You and me both. This work stuff is for the birds. I would be happy to work for 5 hours per week as long as they gave me bags and bags of money to do so.