Sunday, April 29, 2007

Domestic bliss

Look!





I don't know what these little purple posies are, but I found them yesterday while raking.


And, I have tulips - exactly two.

There are eight rose-bushes in front, and I didn't take a picture. Next time.



Here's the shawl.



I knit exactly three rows yesterday. Got lots of stuff done, but very little knitting. I'm just nicely started the fifth repeat of the first chart. The second chart is where things will start to get interesting.


I don't think I will be able to hold out and not buy a barbecue. Both neighbours across the lane were having parties last night, and the smell just about killed me. Made me so hungry. And, I felt a little lonely and pathetic, sitting there in my chair, using the steps as an end-table.

There is no need to feel sorry for me, however. This was the first Saturday in weeks that I have been at home, and I needed it. In fact, I was happy that the date called and cancelled. I was exhausted, sunburned and not feeling very sociable. It was all I could do to stay awake long enough to go to bed late enough that I would sleep all night. I was asleep by 10:05, I think.


That destroys my reputation of being a party girl, but yesterday was the nicest day I've had in a long while.


I hope to repeat it again today, but on a slightly less intense scale. My body hurts from all the work I did yesterday.

No comments: