Saturday, April 7, 2007

Cone-head

My poor, poor baby.

Doesn't Parker look good in pink? Please disregard the unmade bed. I didn't want to disturb the little fella.

He is sitting in front of me right now, and I'm telling him that he's going to be famous, but somehow he seems unimpressed.

And, if this is too much information for some of you, too bad. Here's Parker's coiffured rear-end:


I could have gotten a much closer shot (and did) but I thought I would spare you the detail of his stitches. That I am to inspect daily. Must admit, that grosses me out a little. I'm OK with scooping enormous amounts of excrement, force-feeding pills, etc. But, inspecting a wound for inflammation is the creep-out line for me. I try to get a good glance as he's performing amazing contortions in order to clean his bum (not possible right now because of the collar, but that doesn't stop him from trying), and I'm calling that good enough.

I do have another cat, that I just tried to take pictures of, in order to be fair. They were all crap, so the photos got deleted. I have learned how to do that, now, so many pictures will be disappearing from my camera very shortly.

Scout has had his fair share of attention. I just didn't have a blog or a digital camera then. He developed diabetes about two years ago and was the subject of much obsession. Those were dark times in the Peepee Flat. He requires an insulin shot every day (down from twice a day). I'm sure my pharmacist thinks I'm a heroin addict because I buy syringes but no medication to go with them. Scout is registered as a patient, however (so that I can safely dispose of the needles). He even gets invitations to diabetes clinics. Sadly, his attendance has been less than stellar.

I hung out at the LYS (website-less) for a couple hours this afternoon. Just for fun. I helped out some folks, offered some advice. Encouraged some people to try something new. Once I become familiar with some of the product lines that I haven't worked with, and establish the rules for special orders and such, I think it will be lots of fun. Proprietress-extraordinaire was a wee bit concerned about the pay scale. I had to assure her that I wasn't doing this to get rich. I'm doing this because I love it, it gets me out of the house and I can supplement my yarn habit (sock yarn is the crack cocaine of knitting). Given the expenses lately, and my desire to continue adding to my yarn collection, it gives me the best of both worlds.

When I mentioned this to the family yesterday, they ALL perked up (except the babies. They were busy throwing cookies on the floor). Especially about the teaching part. See, a million years ago, when I was a young girl leaving the farm, I was going to university to be a teacher. Things changed, reality intruded, and the teacher idea got kicked to the curb like yesterday's newspaper on recycling day. But, I'm a born teacher. It's just in me. The problem was, I needed to find the subject. Perhaps, now I have. If this works, it will be feeding a part of me that has been long neglected. It bears repeating: I will get more out of this than Wolseley Wardrobe ever will. My reasons are completely selfish, and money does not even enter into the equation. Some things are worth more than money.

And before things get too serious, another thing I love about my house:



I never, ever thought, when I considered owning real estate, that it might be spiffy enough to have a dishwasher. Now, I can't remember what I did without. Certainly, I cooked less frequently.

No comments: