Thursday, April 12, 2007

Not gonna make it

This sock is not finished and the lunch is at 11:30 this morning. I'll stick its mate in the parcel and call it good enough.

It's not as if this is the first time I've been late with a present.

I've been knitting madly on it all week, and last night, I realized that I'm making horrid mistakes because I'm rushing. So, frog it is. Probably back to the beginning of the heel flap, so only a couple of hours of work gone.

Slow and steady really does win the race.

Still love the pattern. I just need to remember that I can't get cocky and think I don't need to pay attention. That kicks me in the arse every time.

3 comments:

Deborah Cryderman said...

Such sadness. I was cheering for you!

Knittingknutty said...

I wonder if I could do that pattern, not do the feet and make it small enough to fit Libby's (my three year old)leg? She always complains about cold legs at dance class. That would make her the cool kid...not just the usual leg warmer. What do you think. By the way, I love that green.

Misstea said...

Libbysmom,

Mini leg warmers would be adorable! And very unique. It's a sixteen stitch pattern. You could do three repeats instead of four, and that would give you lots of ease. I knit some little kid socks a while ago, and forty-four stitches worked for the three-year-old in question. Forty-eight wouldn't be much different.

The picot edging at both ends would be a really nice touch.

I think you should go for it.

The colour is lovely, but the yarn is rather splitty. Second time I've used yarn from this manufacturer, and I've been unhappy with that both times. But, the colours are incredible and it's dirt cheap.