Monday, February 18, 2008

The best-laid plans...

I had grand (well, to me) plans for this weekend.

I was going to do a thorough house-cleaning, tackle some little fix-it jobs and maybe even deal with some of the piles of stuff lying around.


All in preparation for the painters and floor installers that I hope to hire in the next month or so.


What I did: emptied and dealt with four baskets of unread magazines, unopened mail and other general crap that comes into the house. Which is impressive - it's six months worth of mail.


(You know that I did this in between naps, because I'm still sick. My nose is so raw that it's bleeding. Not pretty.)


The inspiration? I took a little book out of the library, for some fun-reading:

30 Days to a Simpler Life, Connie Cox and Cris Evatt*


While most of its advice is repetitive, and frankly annoying, it is making me think about the organized life I used to live, and how pleasant it was. I realize the life-fairy isn't going to give it back to me, I have to work at it.


Finding the time to work on it is the hard part.


*Photo shamelessly swiped from Amazon.ca.





1 comment:

Alicia said...

I have close to 25 years of junk in my house, and the worst part is that I've only been living here for 7 years. It's mostly my husband's junk. His idea of cleaning is to take junk from one part of the house, and dump it in another.

I've tried ordering it all, but within a couple of months it's just about as bad...

I've pretty much given up.

If you can get your life organized again, kudos!