Sunday, February 17, 2008

Small Victories

Ugh, still sick. I wonder why only the sinus cavities on the left side of my head are draining. I feel rather lopsided.
Nonetheless, a good day. I shovelled the snow - a job that was long overdue, and therefore made harder because I'd been walking on it. The drifts were nearly up to my knees in spots (that's about two feet).
Before:


After:

I only had to blow my nose 20,000 times during the half-hour it took.


I also managed to get to the big grocery store. The one where I don't travel past a liquor store on the way.


Therefore, I did not purchase any wine. Since previous to the not spending money program, I was going through between three and six litres a week ($30 - $60, cheap but yummy plonk), this is pretty damn impressive.


And now, I am working on my final assignment. Three whole days before the deadline.

1 comment:

k.thedoula said...

I'm impressed. I couldn't even manage the postage stamp sized walkway... I had to admit defeat and wheeze my way in to the house the other night.
I envy you at least have one sinus draining. ENVY!
hack...