I had a little helper today, while I was sitting on the couch, knitting. Poor fella, he was working sooo hard.
What was I working on? Well, this. I started the Tweed Beret, from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006 last fall, on 4 mm needles, in Paton's Decor.
It was very pointy, so I ripped it and put it away.
It's future owner asked why she didn't have it yet a couple of weeks ago, so I got out the yarn, popped in a movie, and sat down. Started again with 4.5 mm needles. Less pointy, but still not great. I carried on. Carried on until it was done, in the larger size. It was well, huge.
So, I ripped back until I could pick up the stitches and make the smaller size. It's well, still pointy and rather small. I'm going to run it through the laundry and see what happens.
N, if it's still pointy and small after that, screw it. I'm making you a wool hat. The acrylic drives me nuts.