Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I must have been ill, or something

Look at what I've been doing...


Soaking (yup, it bled. A lot).


Blocking


Wearing


Forgetting to sit down while I am talking.

It took me a year, but I did it. I made a sweater for me.

Details:
  • Top-down Raglan Cardigan by Cosmicpluto If I recall correctly, I started with 91 stitches, and then increased for longer than the pattern indicated, to cover my ginormous shoulders. I also made the pattern about four inches longer than indicated (not entirely on purpose, but I'm pleased anyway).

  • Plymouth Galway, nearly seven balls, colour 1890.

  • 4.5 mm needles.

  • Started February, 2007, completed February, 2008.
This sweater spent a long time hibernating, because I wanted to work on other things. If I had worked on it exclusively, it probably would have taken me about three weeks. Since last August, it's needed a sleeve and a half. I finished that final bit in two days, spread over two weeks.
I am quite pleased that I will be able to wear it yet this winter. Hey, there has to be one advantage to this miserable weather.

4 comments:

PurlerBear said...

Wow! It looks fantastic! Sorry I missed the unveiling!

k.thedoula said...

Looks very nice!
I hope to see you sporting it again another day.

Alicia said...

I love the colour!

Misstea said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I do love having a screaming pink sweater (and why did it take me this long?).

I've got two more balls of yarn, and the scraps. Matching scarf and hat?