Monday, January 21, 2008

Reason #857 why you should go with your gut

On Friday night, I spent three hours on the phone with my skool boyfriend. We talked about the multiple choice portion of the assignment, where we disagreed violently on one question. I was convinced my answer was correct, and no matter what I said I could not convince him I had the right answer. To be fair, nothing he said could convince me either.

The next morning, I got up, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and found more references and emailed them away, convinced he would see the error of his ways.

Later that day, I received his polite, clever, thoughtfully worded response that pointed to six more references in the text (as opposed to my lowly two).

I just read them now, changed my answer and submitted the multiple choice portion of the assignment. I was not entirely convinced, but drowning in the sheer volume of information, I lost the courage of conviction.

You know where this is going... my original answer was correct.

That man so is buying me a drink if we ever meet.

No comments: