Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week Two

Another week has passed, and it's time to tally up.

This was not a good week.

I seriously overspent my little $100 budget. To the tune of about $320 over.

I'm almost afraid to do the math. The receipts are sitting in front of me, but perhaps I'll key them into the spreadsheet tomorrow.

However, I can justify it. As I always can.

I spent about $95 on groceries. There was an excellent deal on chicken breasts, and I got 19 of the suckers for about $27. That's good planning, and will save me a few bucks in the weeks to come. I hope.

I spent approximately $160 USD on heavy-duty winter-wear that's going to arrive in 8-11 business days. Standing at a bus stop for 30 minutes this morning, and then the five minute walk to the office convinced me that the clothes I have are not sufficient, and if I am going to work for Construction Inc. for the next 20 years, I'd better have some proper winter clothing. The coat and boots were on sale, and the dollar is strong. So there.

Then, there were some other expenses, which are private, and the benefits will be realized over a very long time. 'Nuff said.

On the up-side, I returned an item that was unsuitable, and that's $60 or so back in my pocket.

Not included are the prescriptions to keep the migraines and the crazy away and the monthly bus pass (not included in the $100) . Really, the last week of the month is expensive, no two ways about it.

Scout is going to the vet tomorrow, and that's going to be another $200. Having cats ain't cheap. The little stinker is worth it, though.

No comments: