Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Week One

Well, tonight is Wednesday, and that means the first week of my trying not to spend money program is over.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but when I think about it, the miserable weather and a huge assignment worked in my favour. I simply didn't have the time or the energy to do anything, you know, after spending fourteen hours sitting on my ass in front of a computer.

The total: $107.07

While I overshot the goal, I am still pleased. I kept track of every penny. It was the two fast-food meals, tonight and last night, that put me over the edge. I'm going to be packing a lunch and a dinner for those long days away from the house from now on. It will help my pocket-book, and my digestion. I feel yucky after too much grease, unless I'm hung-over.

And, that was another unexpected side-effect. I'm rationing the wine, and, it turns out, even one drink affects my sleep and digestion. I'm going to try evenings sans drinky-poos more often. Who knew?

Now, for clarity, I will not be reducing this week's budget by $7.07 to catch up. The goal is to top up the home-improvement kitty, not punish myself.

And, so, a new week begins. Dad is in town and will be buying my dinner tomorrow. Yay for me!

No comments: