Friday, November 2, 2007

Bar and bus knitting

This is what I can do, on a Friday night, along with eating a steak sandwich and doing a little flirting (completely innocent - I'll be seeing the boy tomorrow).


I am ready to put the thumb stitches on a holder, and would have cheerfully continued making my new mitts all night, except I left my little box o' treats (folding scissors, stitch markers, etc,) at home. So, I worked on the sock.


To be fair, the sock was an inch or so past the cuff, so I motored along, knitting about five inches on the leg, knit the heel flap, turned the heel, completed the gusset and started motoring along the foot before I decided I'd had enough and that it was time to go home.




As much as I heartily enjoy going to the watering hole on a Friday night, I am sick to death of all the boys asking for peter-heaters. I swear, one night, I am going to walk in with about a dozen, and pass them out.

The items in question will all be very small, and made out of the scratchiest yarn I can find. The buggers deserve it, after all the grief they've given me.

No comments: