Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Swatchy, swatchy

Once again, my efforts to avoid housework amaze even myself. I present to you... three swatches, which represents this evening's work (one per hour of TV I watched).




First is ONline Tessa, in some shade of lavender or lilac. The stockingette portion is 20 stitches, beginning at the bottom with 4.0 mm, then proceeding to 4.5 mm and 5.0 mm needles. The yarn rather reminds me of acrylic, except that it doesn't squeak when I knit it.




The fabric made from the 5.0 mm needle appears to have the best drape. The 4.0 mm is definitely too dense. Overall, the fabric is stiff.


Second is Luxury Fine Merino in blue. Same needle sequence. Stockingette portion is 24 stitches. Fabric is much softer, and the 4.0 mm section is lovely. Much prefer this to the ONline.



Third is Lanett in brown, or chocolate, I suppose. 24 stockingette stitches, 3.5 mm needles (my smallest Option size).


Fabric is nice, not as airy as I thought it would be. This might actually work. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it knit up. I daren't go to a larger needle size. The fabric would be too "airy." Somehow, I know this without even trying it.

Next: measurements, before and after throwing these in with the next load of laundry.

Exciting times at Chez Peepee. Can you tell I'm in my post-show funk?

No comments: