Monday, November 5, 2007

Suck it up

I mentioned yesterday that I am considering giving up a volunteer gig.

Today, I'm not so sure.

I am part of a political satire sketch show, and it's an amazing, diverse group of people that come together once a year to do an incredibly special thing.

This has been a hard year for us. Our parent organization disappeared, without communicating the severity of the situation to us until it was too late.

So, we have been scrambling to pull the show out of the fire and put it back into the frying pan, where it belongs.

This has been a disaster in more ways than I care to to think about. Instead, I want to think about getting through the next week, and then putting forward a sensible plan for next year.

So, really, I can't give up now. There are tons of talented, wonderful people that I am privileged to know, and I wouldn't have met them if it weren't for this.

I don't want to let them down. But, I don't want to lose any more sleep or continue to make myself ill over this.

And, there really is no point to this post, except that showing up for this thing is one of the most important things in my life. But, it's hurting me right now, and I don't know what to do about that. I don't want to have to suck it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.