Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sock-y Saturday

I am excited today, because one of my darling nieces is coming for a visit. I don't get to see enough of the little toads. Sometimes, (well, rarely) I wish I lived closer, so I could see them more often.


But then again, two hours down the road is not that far away. I just need to get off my duff and go home more often.


Last night at the pub, I managed to finished the first pattern repeat on the Earl Grey Socks. Towards the end of my third pint, I put it away - the lights had been dimmed, and it seemed that the potential for error was greater - having to count to 8 and 24 seemed to be extremely difficult. I whipped out the recovered bar-and-bus socks, did a few rounds, and then went home.


I was home by 8:10, after having stopped for beer and groceries. I just don't have the staying power I used to. The short days really drag me down at this time of year, and it takes supreme effort to do anything.


However, photos!

I am loving the nice firm fabric being created by the Patons Kry 4-ply. The circumerence, at about 8.5 inches, appears to be right for me. I may make the foot shorter, and then the socks won't be a gift. They would slide right into my sock drawer instead.

These are the current bar-and-bus socks. The top sock needs some grafting, but the needles got yanked out in my purse - I'm going to tink back a row and re-do it, so that everything is nice and tidy. The foot on the second is about half-done. I will probably finish it up over the next couple days, so I can concentrate on the Earl Grey socks.The yarn is Patons Kroy 4-ply, 2.5 mm needles, 60 stitches. 1x1 twisted rib for two inches... basic sock pattern from there.

These bar-and-bus socks have been done for a few weeks now. It's my usual 3x1 broken rib. My sister-in-law really admired them when I was home for Thanksgiving, and I'm going to see her later on today. Hmmm.

ON-line sock yarn, 2.5 mm needles, 64 stitches. I forget the rest of the details.

Before that little duffer comes over this afternoon, there has to be some serious tidying up. This place is absolutely not toddler safe right now.

No comments: