Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ready for felting

I grafted the straps on my French market bag tonight. Grafting is remarkably easier when I know it doesn't matter - I didn't futz around to make sure that every "stitch" was nice and even. I'm just going to throw it in the washing machine, so it doesn't matter.


My plan was to use all four balls of yarn. However, I was heartily sick of it, about 100 stitches short of finishing the straps as the pattern required. Therefore, I had to crack the fourth ball, and used a few meters, just to make it worthwhile. The remainder will become a potholder, or something.

And since my TV watching wasn't done for the night, I cast on a pair of mitts.


I hate knitting mitts. Well, that's not true. I hate knitting thumbs. Thumbs are so fiddly. Therefore, I am going to avoid the fiddliness by making the mitts about twice the usual size and then felting them.
This is my master plan, and also is a crucial step in my unofficial "Let's pretend it's not Christmas" campaign.

No comments: