Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nearly on time

I was only 20 minutes late for work this morning, as opposed to the usual 45. I attribute this change to going to bed half an hour earlier.


I'm going to try going to bed earlier again tonight, but I have to wash my hair (for me, it's a legitimate excuse) thus tonight's post will be short.


No laundry got done, and I still haven't settled on sweater patterns, so tonight I cast on a pair of socks I MAY wish to give away for Christmas. I'm using Patons Kroy 4-ply (which I believe is discontinued, but I may be wrong).


I'm using the Harlot's Earl Grey sock pattern. I've wished to try a simple cabled sock for quite some time, and since she's done the work for me, I figured I should use her pattern instead of faking my own.


The modifications (as usual):
  • 2.5 mm needles (as opposed to 2.25)

  • 68 stitches (as opposed to 72)

  • ktbl on the ribbing instead of a regular knit stitch. I think it makes a much snappier ribbing.
Either of the possible recipents wears a size 12 shoe, which is the intended size of the pattern. It will be a grand experiment.

The colour is a deep charcoal grey, not the "poop" colour it appears to be.


If you look closely, you can see the first nine pattern rounds - there's a subtle twist introducing the cable. Cabled socks without actually cabling. I like it!

My one reservation is that yarn this dark may not be suitable for knitting in a bar. I'll let you know tomorrow, after my usual night out.

No comments: