So, I've got lots of thoughts stored up. I realize that none of these thoughts are terribly profound, but somehow, I need to share them.
They are, in no particular order, as follows:
- John Cusack is cute. Will you come to my house and be my love-slave?
- I hate stupid, slow-moving people in shopping malls. If you are going to stop and chat, please move to the side. This is why I will not go to a mall until February, despite my burning need for new winter boots.
- I'm scared of what appears to be small bunches of gang-like kids. Who are standing in the middle of the aisle. I wish I were brave enough to shout at them to get out of my way.
- Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair is not stocked by my favourite book store. I have ordered a copy. I can't wait.
- Crazy Aunt Purl's latest post really spoke to me (as usual). I am involved in a volunteer organization, which I really believe in, but I am in way over my head. I've been busting my ass, to the point where I am making myself ill, because of the fear of disappointing someone. I need to let that go.
- I am considering removing myself from said organization, in order to protect my sanity.
- Ravelry has over 2,000 cardigan patterns in its database. The one I like best is a crochet pattern. I hate crochet. I am not sure what this means.
- I have a problem - my hair is so long that it is felting itself with the hand-knitted straps of my handbag, and therefore I am ripping out a handful of knotted hair out of my head every time I arrive home. I am loving having long hair after fifteen years, and I adore my handbag. I am not sure what to do about this problem.
- If that is my biggest problem, I am doing OK.
- If I am worried about something, I cannot sleep. To avoid this, I usually mentally knit until I fade away (that is, think calming, soothing happy thoughts). Lately, I have been putting myself to sleep by thinking of account reconciliations at work. Doing something well, and making a long over-looked item correct is apparently soothing to me. I don't know what that says about my character.
- Having "soothing happy thoughts" about WORK is a very, very good thing.
- I ran into my junior team member from my last job the other day. I miss her dearly. She tells me the situation has not improved, and that she's been called to task for her absenteeism and poor attitude. None of my suggestions have been implemented. Once again, I am so grateful that I am no longer there.
- At work the other day, an employee marched up and introduced himself (I do payroll for that sub-company, and I had called him with some questions). I was standing on the honking big pile of sand (whcih is TINY now, compared to the really big honking pile of 20 mm stone (note to self, take a picture)), making small talk, and all I could think was "will you be at the Christmas party, where I will look like a girl, instead of an androgynous construction worker?" This young man works for me, and I have a boyfriend! Apparently, I have a healthy appreciation for the male form.
- I want my mommy to make me chicken soup. We use the same recipe, but somehow, hers tastes better.
- You can tell I'm whiny, because I used the phrase "my mommy" My mother has never, ever been a "mommy." If "mommy" showed up, I wouldn't know what to do.
OK, it's just about time for Desperate Housewives, and to finish that damned thumb. Oh, and maybe have some inferior chicken soup.